Right now, you probably have so many questions that you’re not sure where to begin! We designed this checklist to guide you in your preparation as you begin your transition to VCU.
Please feel free to contact the offices listed or the Office of New Student Programs for assistance at (804) 828-3700 or e-mail email@example.com.
- READ thoroughly the Accepted Students Handbook sent to you by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and return the Admissions Response form with your tuition deposit to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- If you plan to live on campus visit www.housing.vcu.edu and submit an online electronic housing application. A $250 pre-payment fee is required, which is applied toward the student’s fall housing costs. On-campus housing is guaranteed for first-year students who complete their online application by June 1st. Housing is not guaranteed after that date.
Explore the Residential Villages. The Residential Villages are communities of first-year students with similar interests or academic majors who live together and take 2 to 3 of the same courses. Make sure you select a village as your FIRST preference when applying for housing. The deadline for selecting a Residential Village is May 1.
- Information on Dining Plans is available at New Student Orientation or on the Dining Services website. Please note that some residence halls have a dining plan requirement. If you have specific questions concerning Dining Services, visit www.bsv.vcu.edu/vcufood or call (804) 828-1148.
- Have your doctor complete the Certificate of Immunization or attach an official immunization document that fulfills all requirements and send it to University Health Services at the address listed on the certificate. You may also bring this form with you to orientation and turn it in to University Health Services. The form is included in your Accepted Students Handbook and is also available on the web at the Student Health website.
- Apply for financial aid by completing your FAFSA as early as possible and indicate VCU as your designated school (VCU’s code is 003735). Visit www.vcu.edu/enroll/finaid for more information.
- Purchase a computer if you do not already own one. All incoming students are required to have a personal computer. To learn what you need for your classes, please visit www.vcu.edu/sci for more information. For academic discounts on computers that fit your curriculum and for information about the Help Desk’s Good-to-Go on campus computer repair service, visit g2g.vcu.edu.
- Request that all transcripts (high school and college, if applicable) be sent to the VCU Admissions Office.
- Students with disabilities who require accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Support Services at (804) 828-2253. To request disability accommodations during New Student Orientation, you must email your request to New Student Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org no less than one week prior to your orientation session.
- Bring your cellphone with you to sign up for VCU Emergency Text Messages.
Useful Contact Information
|Register for Orientation||New Student Programs||University College
Hibbs Hall, First Floor
|Living arrangements on campus||Residential Life and Housing||VCU Central Housing Office
301 W. Cary Street, 1st floor
|Living arrangements off campus||Off-Campus Housing||University Student Commons
Off-Campus Student Services Office
|Dining Plan||Dining Services||On-line or 1111 W. Broad Street||828-1148|
|Paying your bills||Student Accounting Department||1015 Floyd Avenue, 1st Floor||828-2228|
|Parking permits [Note: students may only purchase parking for the fall semester in July 2012.]||Parking and Transportation||1108 W. Broad St.
(located in the parking deck)
|Disabilities||Disability Support Services||University Student Commons
907 Floyd Ave., Room 102
|Financial Assistance||Financial Aid||Harris Hall
1015 Floyd Ave, 1st Floor
|Immunization Forms and other Medical Arrangements||University Student Health Services||Sports Medicine Building,
1300 W. Broad St., Suite 2200
|Student ID (VCUCard)
[Students may obtain their student ID cards on or after their orientation date, not before.]
|VCUCard Office||Technology Administrative Building
701 W. Broad St.
|Admissions||Undergraduate Admissions||821 W. Franklin St.||828-1222|