Welcome to Virginia Commonwealth University!
Please note: Orientation registration for students entering VCU in the fall of 2014 is not yet open. Incoming students who attend Preview Day on Saturday, April 5 will be able to register for Orientation during the day’s events. Online registration for those who do not attend Preview Day will open the week following Preview Day.
It is our pleasure to invite you to New Student Orientation at Virginia Commonwealth University. You have made a wonderful choice to attend VCU and are well on your way to an exciting collegiate experience full of academic opportunity and personal growth.
Orientation is a required program and serves as your formal introduction to all that VCU has to offer. We encourage you to ask lots of questions, actively participate in discussions, become acquainted with new friends and learn what will be expected of you as a member of the VCU community.
- Your Orientation Leader will provide the inside scoop on academics, involvement and social life at VCU.
- Academic advisors will inform you about your area of study and departmental expectations. They will also help you register for classes while you are here!
- Presentations and opportunities to interact with faculty and staff will allow you to learn more about the many campus resources available to assist in your success.
- Time with your Orientation cohort will help you to make friends and maybe even identify a roommate.
Orientation Reservations Are Required for First-Year and Transfer Students
Students admitted to VCU for the fall of 2014 will attend New Student Orientation during the summer prior to the start of classes. Online reservations with payment are required. The orientation fee paid upon making a reservation is non-refundable. Please review your calendar prior to making a reservation to attend an orientation session. Several dates are available, but it is important that you register as soon as possible as each session is limited to a certain number of participants due to personnel and facility size. Orientation dates are assigned on a first-reserved basis. Regardless of your orientation date, you will register for a complete schedule of courses for the upcoming semester during Orientation. Soon after you complete your online reservation and payment, you will receive a confirmation email identifying your secured date and providing additional program information such as arrival time, where to park and what to bring with you. Please do not make travel plans until you receive final confirmation of your reserved date.
We look forward to meeting you!
- New Student Programs Staff