Reaching And Maximizing Success
The role of the Student Athlete Support Services is to:
- Develop comprehensive strategies to support each student-athlete in pursuit of his/her academic and educational goals.
- Provide individual advising and counseling which promotes graduation within four to five years.
- Provide general academic advising in cooperation with the departmental faculty advisors and the Undergraduate Academic Advising Office.
- Provide assistance to student-athletes by offering:
- registration and advance registration assistance
- academic grade and NCAA eligibility monitoring
- tutorial support and study group facilitation
- regularly scheduled study hall
- student-athlete computer lab and laptops for team travel
- Foster the overall development of the student-athlete by organizing activities with the NCAA Life Skills Coordinator.
- Assist in the recruitment, retention and graduation rates of student-athletes.
- Foster positive relationships with campus and community constituents.